Masters of Communication
Course Duration Full time: 1.5 - 5 years Part-time: 2.5 - 7 years
The Master of Communication offers a mixed mode of teaching and dissertation writing. It brings togetherconceptual, research, and practical approaches so as to prepare graduates to handle communication challenges in the current fast-changing environment. We employ pedagogical methods that put students at the center of learning. Upon graduation, students will be equipped with knowledge and problem solving skills highly useful in the media and communication industry at home and abroad.
Course of Study
3 Core courses which make up 30% of the total grade, totaling 12 credits.
• Advanced Communication Theory (4 credits)
• Quantitative Research Methods for Communication (4 credits)
• Qualitative Research Methods for Communication (4 credits)
Dissertation (28 Credits)
Students are required to conduct a research in a communication-related field under the supervision of an academic staff and write a dissertation of 40,000 words.
• A Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in a related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 or its equivalent qualification as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
• A Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in a related field or its equivalent with at least a CGPA of 2.50 but not achieving CGPA 2.75 can be accepted subject to a systematic internal assessment; or
• A Bachelor’s degree (Level 6, MQF) in a related field or its equivalent with a CGPA below 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the relevant field.
Other Related Courses
Bachelor of Communication (Honours) (Mass Communication)
Kolej Universiti Selatan | 南方大学学院 | Southern University College DKU019(J) Co. No. 198704V
Copyright © 2021 Southern University College